Monday, August 14, 2006

Regarding this whole blogging project, I'm really quite pleased. It was great to be able to write about what I want; one would be amazed at how much one writes when discussing a topic of great interest. It was much more fun to learn the chapter keywords in a context that we ourselves understand, rather than simply trying to understand the textbook-given example. Also, I feel that synthesizing information and context is learning on a much higher level than simple "copy-it-out-of-the-textbook" busy-work. I'll give you an idea of the thought process. First, I'd look at the keywords that I needed to incorporate. Then, I'd think of a situation in the computer industry that applied to the given keyword. For example, when I needed to use "asset" and "stockholder", I wrote about AMD's aquisition of ATI. Of course, such an article would use those keywords in a way that did not sound artificial and forced. Then, I looked up specific information regarding the article, in this case by viewing AMD's press release about the aquisition. After that, I put it all together in a coherent manner that sent the message that I was looking for. This is the kind of passion and initiative that this project creates. I really and truly think that this is an excellent idea, and has a major role in the future of education.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paroune said...

Very insightful. I like the way the topic engaged you. I would love to hear further discussion of your thought Process and Reasoning.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Libby Sparrow said...

I liked reading your blog, and I agree about how much more engaging blogs are. I also liked how you talked about your thought process while creating you wrote your blog.

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home